Ramblings from us as we strive to live a holy life in the world, not of the world.

Free Kindle Books worth a look

I got a Kindle for my birthday in November. Yes, I finally broke down and asked for one. While I think I will always favor the feel of a book in my hand, the ability to have numerous books in one place, including classics that are available for free made the Kindle a bargain in my opinion. In the six weeks since I got my Kindle, I have spent only $12 but have 21 ebooks. Of those, I spent $10 on my book club's selection and $2 on two others. Of course, the question that I keep asking myself is, "Will I ever get around to reading those books?"

Did you get a Kindle this Christmas? Certainly seems like everyone did. Here's a couple of free books worth looking into:

Absolutely Organize Your Family by Debbie Lillard

I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School by Caroline Taggart

Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton

An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine by John Henry Cardinal Newman

The Idea of a University Defined and Illustrated by John Henry Newman

What's Wrong with the World by G. K. Chesterton

A Child's Book of Saints by William Canton

The Path to Rome by Hilaire Belloc

The Ball and the Cross by G. K. Chesterton

The Autobiography of St. Ignatius by Ignatius of Loyola

The Life of St. Teresa of Jesus by Teresa of Avila

Apolgia pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman

Utopia by Sir Saint Thomas More

Eugenics and Other Evils by G. K. Chesterton

The Education of Catholic Girls by Janet Erskine Stuart

General Catholic Devotions by Bonaventure Hammer

Finally, while not free, for only $.99, this is a steal. To purchase the Summa Theologica in hardback can set you back $250. This is the basis for my blog title, "Aquinas, Car Keys and Dirty Socks," since Aquinas is on my Kindle which is in my purse on my desk. Nice to know that the wisdom of great theologians can fit in my purse.

The Complete Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment