Ramblings from us as we strive to live a holy life in the world, not of the world.

It's Coming!



So Lent is less than a week away. Yikes! I mean I'm ready for it to begin. I just haven't thought about what we are doing for it. Looks like Sunday I will dig out the purple fabric, crosses, guides, and other assorted items that I use during the liturgical season and give some thought to how I will make it meaningful.

Cruz, Jesus, Christianity, Lent, ChurchThe kids know the drill, and all of them, even the adult ones, look forward to it. We try to prayerfully discern what acts of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving that we will do. Sure, we give up stuff, but we also try to remember the reason is to ultimately grow closer to Christ.

For as many years as I can remember, I've made a lenten calendar for the children. I've also done that with my CCD students when I taught religious education. Catholic Icing has such a cute calendar that we've used for many years. Actually, Catholic Icing has many great ideas to make Lent come alive for little ones.

As I still try to discern what I'm planning to do, I've compiled a lists of blogs that have some suggestions. I'm listing them here for me as much as for anyone else. It will help when I cement my ideas this weekend. 😉


All of the above links come from wonderful, faith-filled bloggers. Check out their blogs which are chock-full of inspiration.

May you be filled with God's presence in your life this Lent!

Blessings,
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment